This fabulous wardrobe has been a delight to restore and is a stunning looking piece.
Behind the two mirrored doors on either side is plenty of hanging space. This would traditionally have been located in a grand entrance hall of a large property and coats and scarves would have been stored inside. The dimensions of the two hanging spaces are more in line with a hall robe. They are just 40.5 cms deep so will not support a standard size coat hanger, however, it is possible to get smaller ones. There are a number of hooks for coats inside and we have also added hanging bars should you want this to become an item of bedroom furniture.
The centre of this wardrobe has a mirrored cupboard door at the top which covers the shelved storage cabinet behind. There are two storage drawers underneath and a bureau flap that drops down and is a great place for your post or other correspondence.
The bottom half is like a chest of drawers with two half-width drawers over the top of two full-width drawers.
The right-hand side has a secret storage compartment with a drawer that pulls forward revealing a storage space underneath which is ideal for shoes or boots.
The carvings on the bureau flap and the ornate handles on the drawers and doors just add to the appeal of this very attractive wardrobe.
We have given this piece a good clean and as you might expect with a traditional piece like this we have made a few small repairs. There is some minor damage which we have shown in the photos. Please take a moment to flick through all the images and really enjoy this beautiful example of quality, restored furniture.
Note: Please contact us if you are looking to purchase this item because it is very heavy and will need dismantling and reassembling. It comes in five pieces. There is a middle section, the right and left wardrobes and a base and a crown.
All of our items are be available to collect during normal business hours, free of charge, from the specific store location indicated on the product, and checkout pages. To help everything go smoothly, please let us know ahead of time when you are planning to collect your furniture, so that we can make sure it's readily accessible for you. Address and contact details for each store can be found on our Store Locator page. Please note that proof of purchase and identity will be required when collecting items that were purchased online.
Our regular courier prices are as follows (inc. VAT):
|Band 0||Please call|
- Where multiple items are delivered together, the largest item will be charged at full price with any further items charged at half of the listed delivery cost for that item. For example, delivery of a band 3 item and a band 2 item would cost £93: £66 (for the band 3 item) + £27 for the band 2 item. (This excludes Band 1 items which will be charged at full rate).
- Most of our items are shipped using a specialised furniture courier. This generally involves a single person delivery team who may need help with larger items to move them from the van to a room of your choice. If there is no one available to assist in this way then please contact us prior to purchase so we can look at other delivery options.
- Deliveries to some areas of the UK including Scotland, Cornwall, parts of Wales and Northern Ireland may be subject to an increased delivery charge. This charge will be automatically applied at checkout based on postcode.
- Smaller items may be despatched using a standard courier service.
- We have some items that may require more specific handling on delivery. These are marked as "Band 0" on the product page... if you are interested in one of these items, please contact us to discuss this before purchasing.
*We aim to deliver all pieces within 7-14 days of purchase where possible. Some locations however may exceed this time on occasions. Delivery of items can be postponed and pieces stored for short periods at the customers request.
We are confident that you will be delighted with your furniture. In the unlikely event that you should wish to return an item to us, we are pleased to offer a 14 days money back guarantee for items purchased online, commencing the day of delivery.
This means you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days with full refund for items purchased. Please note that initial delivery charge is none refundable and you will also be liable for return carriage charges.
Please return the item(s) in the same condition as received and in the original packaging. Once the items have been returned they will be inspected. You will receive your refund within 30 days of cancellation.
If any items are incorrect, damaged or faulty you should notify us immediately. You will need to provide us your order number and contact details.
*Please note- these conditions apply to online purchases only. In store purchases are subject to a separate policy. See in store for details.