The carving on this mirror backed sideboard is truly astounding and will make this imposing piece of furniture the talking point of any hallway, living or dining room.
From top to bottom, this stunning sideboard is adorned with the most elaborate carving, with several images of the traditional green man face being depicted amongst an array of floral patterns. The two beautifully crafted barley twist posts support the top which boasts a large bevelled mirror topped by a shelf.
This amazing piece of furniture has required a fair amount of work to bring it back to life but every bit worth it. The exterior has been carefully hand-stripped to remove the original dark lacquer and expose the beautiful natural colour and grain of the oak. It has then been refinished with a clear wax to refresh the wood.
Two ample drawers and a double cupboard with a single shelf on the left make this piece practical as well as a fine piece of artwork.
This sideboard brings with it many years of service and as such displays signs of its age in a number of areas. As is common in pieces of this era, the original mirror has a number of spotted areas and there are an array of marks and stains in the wood, all adding to its rustic appeal. Though now fully treated, at some point in its history, it has had the customary problems with woodworm which has left holes in several areas of the wood. The feet, in particular, have been reduced in size with this but they are still substantial and sturdy enough to support the weight of the piece.
If you are looking for a statement piece of furniture and love rustic charm and character then this splendid sideboard will make a perfect addition to your home.
All of our items are be available to collect during normal business hours, free of charge, from the specific store location indicated on the product, and checkout pages. To help everything go smoothly, please let us know ahead of time when you are planning to collect your furniture, so that we can make sure it's readily accessible for you. Address and contact details for each store can be found on our Store Locator page. Please note that proof of purchase and identity will be required when collecting items that were purchased online.
Our regular courier prices are as follows (inc. VAT):
|Band 0||Please call|
- Where multiple items are delivered together, the largest item will be charged at full price with any further items charged at half of the listed delivery cost for that item. For example, delivery of a band 3 item and a band 2 item would cost £93: £66 (for the band 3 item) + £27 for the band 2 item. (This excludes Band 1 items which will be charged at full rate).
- Most of our items are shipped using a specialised furniture courier. This generally involves a single person delivery team who may need help with larger items to move them from the van to a room of your choice. If there is no one available to assist in this way then please contact us prior to purchase so we can look at other delivery options.
- Deliveries to some areas of the UK including Scotland, Cornwall, parts of Wales and Northern Ireland may be subject to an increased delivery charge. This charge will be automatically applied at checkout based on postcode.
- Smaller items may be despatched using a standard courier service.
- We have some items that may require more specific handling on delivery. These are marked as "Band 0" on the product page... if you are interested in one of these items, please contact us to discuss this before purchasing.
*We aim to deliver all pieces within 7-14 days of purchase where possible. Some locations however may exceed this time on occasions. Delivery of items can be postponed and pieces stored for short periods at the customers request.
We are confident that you will be delighted with your furniture. In the unlikely event that you should wish to return an item to us, we are pleased to offer a 14 days money back guarantee for items purchased online, commencing the day of delivery.
This means you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days with full refund for items purchased. Please note that initial delivery charge is none refundable and you will also be liable for return carriage charges.
Please return the item(s) in the same condition as received and in the original packaging. Once the items have been returned they will be inspected. You will receive your refund within 30 days of cancellation.
If any items are incorrect, damaged or faulty you should notify us immediately. You will need to provide us your order number and contact details.
*Please note- these conditions apply to online purchases only. In store purchases are subject to a separate policy. See in store for details.