This traditional roll top desk is extremely attractive and will be a great addition to your study or office space.
They are always very intricate items to restore due to the nature of the roll top, the small shelving area and the tiny drawers, however it was well worth it and we are very pleased with the result.
This desk does come with a key so you can lock away your paperwork in the top if you want to. There are six small drawers where you can keep pens, stamps etc and some shelving for correspondence. There is a green leather work space which can be pulled out, as shown in the photos, giving you a great area for a laptop or somewhere you can write letters to loved ones.
The bottom half has six drawers which are great for storage, if you are using this as a working desk, and there is a double drawer which has sections for filing away paperwork. All the drawers have been fitted with new ring handles.
We have stripped back the old finish on this desk to reveal the natural wood underneath. We have then applied a clear lacquer to offer protection and durability for many years to come. This process of stripping and lacquering has brought this desk back to life and given it a fresh new appearance.
Overall this is a traditional piece of furniture which has been brought back to life and will make a great addition to your home.
All of our items are be available to collect during normal business hours, free of charge, from the specific store location indicated on the product, and checkout pages. To help everything go smoothly, please let us know ahead of time when you are planning to collect your furniture, so that we can make sure it's readily accessible for you. Address and contact details for each store can be found on our Store Locator page. Please note that proof of purchase and identity will be required when collecting items that were purchased online.
Our regular courier prices are as follows (inc. VAT):
|Band 0||Please call|
- Where multiple items are delivered together, the largest item will be charged at full price with any further items charged at half of the listed delivery cost for that item. For example, delivery of a band 3 item and a band 2 item would cost £93: £66 (for the band 3 item) + £27 for the band 2 item. (This excludes Band 1 items which will be charged at full rate).
- Most of our items are shipped using a specialised furniture courier. This generally involves a single person delivery team who may need help with larger items to move them from the van to a room of your choice. If there is no one available to assist in this way then please contact us prior to purchase so we can look at other delivery options.
- Deliveries to some areas of the UK including Scotland, Cornwall, parts of Wales and Northern Ireland may be subject to an increased delivery charge. This charge will be automatically applied at checkout based on postcode.
- Smaller items may be despatched using a standard courier service.
- We have some items that may require more specific handling on delivery. These are marked as "Band 0" on the product page... if you are interested in one of these items, please contact us to discuss this before purchasing.
*We aim to deliver all pieces within 7-14 days of purchase where possible. Some locations however may exceed this time on occasions. Delivery of items can be postponed and pieces stored for short periods at the customers request.
We are confident that you will be delighted with your furniture. In the unlikely event that you should wish to return an item to us, we are pleased to offer a 14 days money back guarantee for items purchased online, commencing the day of delivery.
This means you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days with full refund for items purchased. Please note that initial delivery charge is none refundable and you will also be liable for return carriage charges.
Please return the item(s) in the same condition as received and in the original packaging. Once the items have been returned they will be inspected. You will receive your refund within 30 days of cancellation.
If any items are incorrect, damaged or faulty you should notify us immediately. You will need to provide us your order number and contact details.
*Please note- these conditions apply to online purchases only. In store purchases are subject to a separate policy. See in store for details.