This fabulous piece combines two classic pieces of furniture, the bureau and the cheese rack, to make one very solid item that is very attractive.
It is quite an unusual piece, however it is very functional providing excellent storage as well as shelving space which can be used for box files, if this is to be a work desk, or for displaying ornaments and photos. You may even use it as a bookcase. The two shelves on the top are adjustable with four metal pins provided.
When you open the bureau flap there is some shelving space for paperwork as well as cubby holes for your correspondence and a couple of small drawers where you can keep your pens or keys.
The flap also folds down on to two 'pull out' support bars giving you a very sturdy workspace which is ideal for a laptop or as a writing desk.
The double cupboard at the bottom has a shelf and is a great place to keep those 'out of sight' bits and pieces that you don't want guests to see!
We have imported this item from Holland and restored it in one of our UK workshops. We have stripped back the old, darker finish to reveal the beautiful grain of the oak before applying a clear lacquer to accentuate the grain and provide durability.
If you are looking for something that is, unique, stylish and built to last then you need look no further!
Note: This is a sturdy, solid piece and is rather heavy. It can be dismantled and re-assembled so please contact us to discuss your delivery requirements before purchasing.
All of our items are be available to collect during normal business hours, free of charge, from the specific store location indicated on the product, and checkout pages. To help everything go smoothly, please let us know ahead of time when you are planning to collect your furniture, so that we can make sure it's readily accessible for you. Address and contact details for each store can be found on our Store Locator page. Please note that proof of purchase and identity will be required when collecting items that were purchased online.
Our regular courier prices are as follows (inc. VAT):
|Band 0||Please call|
- Where multiple items are delivered together, the largest item will be charged at full price with any further items charged at half of the listed delivery cost for that item. For example, delivery of a band 3 item and a band 2 item would cost £93: £66 (for the band 3 item) + £27 for the band 2 item. (This excludes Band 1 items which will be charged at full rate).
- Most of our items are shipped using a specialised furniture courier. This generally involves a single person delivery team who may need help with larger items to move them from the van to a room of your choice. If there is no one available to assist in this way then please contact us prior to purchase so we can look at other delivery options.
- Deliveries to some areas of the UK including Scotland, Cornwall, parts of Wales and Northern Ireland may be subject to an increased delivery charge. This charge will be automatically applied at checkout based on postcode.
- Smaller items may be despatched using a standard courier service.
- We have some items that may require more specific handling on delivery. These are marked as "Band 0" on the product page... if you are interested in one of these items, please contact us to discuss this before purchasing.
*We aim to deliver all pieces within 7-14 days of purchase where possible. Some locations however may exceed this time on occasions. Delivery of items can be postponed and pieces stored for short periods at the customers request.
We are confident that you will be delighted with your furniture. In the unlikely event that you should wish to return an item to us, we are pleased to offer a 14 days money back guarantee for items purchased online, commencing the day of delivery.
This means you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days with full refund for items purchased. Please note that initial delivery charge is none refundable and you will also be liable for return carriage charges.
Please return the item(s) in the same condition as received and in the original packaging. Once the items have been returned they will be inspected. You will receive your refund within 30 days of cancellation.
If any items are incorrect, damaged or faulty you should notify us immediately. You will need to provide us your order number and contact details.
*Please note- these conditions apply to online purchases only. In store purchases are subject to a separate policy. See in store for details.