Every now and then we have an item of furniture that arrives in our workshop and gets everyone's attention. This dining suite is one of those pieces.
It is a beautiful Ercol Grand Plank, solid elm, extending dining table with eight Ercol 'Goldsmith' chairs. Two of which are carvers. This style of table is unique due to the fifth leg which the table has, meaning it is very stable when in its extended state.
We have stripped the wood on this dining set back to its original state before applying a clear matt lacquer which not only shows off the beautiful elm grain but also protects it.
This versatile set can serve as a table and 4/6 or 8 chairs. There is one extension piece that folds out and is then held solidly in position with dowels that slot into either side of the table. When it is not in use the extension piece is stowed away in a compartment underneath the table tap (Shown clearly in the photos).
The main photograph for this set shows the table with the extension leaf in place and all eight chairs. We have included photographs to show how the table looks without the extension and with just six chairs. Extended or closed it has a bolt locking device for complete rigidity. Both bolts are included.
The chair seats are made from solid elm with beech legs and chair backs. The "Goldsmith" chair is a classic, vintage chair that is still extremely desirable.
This Ercol dining suite will be a real talking point when you are entertaining guests.
All of our items are be available to collect during normal business hours, free of charge, from the specific store location indicated on the product, and checkout pages. To help everything go smoothly, please let us know ahead of time when you are planning to collect your furniture, so that we can make sure it's readily accessible for you. Address and contact details for each store can be found on our Store Locator page. Please note that proof of purchase and identity will be required when collecting items that were purchased online.
Our regular courier prices are as follows (inc. VAT):
|Band 0||Please call|
- Where multiple items are delivered together, the largest item will be charged at full price with any further items charged at half of the listed delivery cost for that item. For example, delivery of a band 3 item and a band 2 item would cost £93: £66 (for the band 3 item) + £27 for the band 2 item. (This excludes Band 1 items which will be charged at full rate).
- Most of our items are shipped using a specialised furniture courier. This generally involves a single person delivery team who may need help with larger items to move them from the van to a room of your choice. If there is no one available to assist in this way then please contact us prior to purchase so we can look at other delivery options.
- Deliveries to some areas of the UK including Scotland, Cornwall, parts of Wales and Northern Ireland may be subject to an increased delivery charge. This charge will be automatically applied at checkout based on postcode.
- Smaller items may be despatched using a standard courier service.
- We have some items that may require more specific handling on delivery. These are marked as "Band 0" on the product page... if you are interested in one of these items, please contact us to discuss this before purchasing.
*We aim to deliver all pieces within 7-14 days of purchase where possible. Some locations however may exceed this time on occasions. Delivery of items can be postponed and pieces stored for short periods at the customers request.
We are confident that you will be delighted with your furniture. In the unlikely event that you should wish to return an item to us, we are pleased to offer a 14 days money back guarantee for items purchased online, commencing the day of delivery.
This means you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days with full refund for items purchased. Please note that initial delivery charge is none refundable and you will also be liable for return carriage charges.
Please return the item(s) in the same condition as received and in the original packaging. Once the items have been returned they will be inspected. You will receive your refund within 30 days of cancellation.
If any items are incorrect, damaged or faulty you should notify us immediately. You will need to provide us your order number and contact details.
*Please note- these conditions apply to online purchases only. In store purchases are subject to a separate policy. See in store for details.